Monday, June 22, 2009

There is a god! Ares mini-series news

I recently read the new Thor one-shot The Trial of Thor, and while I found the story fairly straightforward and generally uninteresting, the issue was saved by the magnificent artwork by one Cary Nord. It is just too bad the plot and some of the characterizations are just not that good, beacuse I can't say enough how beautiful that book is. The action sequences are exceptionally brutal, as a Thor comic is wont to be.

So, imagine my delight when I see that a new Ares mini-series is in the works, with art by Cary Nord, and written by Kieron Gillen! If you have been to this blog in the past few weeks, you may have noticed that I was supremely impressed with Gillen's work on Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter #1, so I think this project is in very capable hands.

Newsarama has an interview with Gillen, as well as some preview art. This looks amazing. It will be done as a tie in to Dark Reign, and I cannot wait for this series.



In other news, co-worker of mine Eric Maruscak was at Wizard World East this year and made an awesome chalk rendering of the cover for the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man #600. Courtesy of Kibbles n' Bitch.
Check out more of his work at Pepperink.com.

No comments: