Thursday, July 23, 2009

New BONE, Hulk 600, Wyoming


Pretty excited about this Newsarama report from SDCC, Jeff Smith has new Bone stuff coming out. I've read all of the trades and my sister is a huge fan. Smith never fails to entertain, and his work on Bone is always some of his best.

In other news, I borrowed a copy of Incredible Hulk #600 to read, (and according to my humble poll, most of you will either buy a copy or borrow one) I was fairly unimpressed overall, considering the hype. Sure it had a little bit of everything -- Spider-Man, M.O.D.O.K. is always fun, She-Hulk, Ben Urich, a requisite Stan Lee nonsensical story complete with Galactus cameo-- but ultimately I was just disappointed with the whole package. Way too short on new, relevant material. On top of all that, it doesn't help that Red Hulk appearances generally make my skin itch.

Lastly, an update on the status of this blog and its blogger. Much like when Thor relocated Asgard to the middle of Oklahoma, so too the Beta Ray Blog will be relocating its headquarters to the Equality State (Wyoming). As a result of this, new content here on the BRB will be sporadic at best until sometime in September, when I will return with renewed vigor. Thanks to everyone who visits and reads this blog. Don't worry, I will live again!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh. I knew Bone had to make a comeback. It's just too good to end with the original saga. Jeff Smith officially rocks my socks.