Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Beta Ray Bill Project

This article from Newsrama is mostly about an upcoming Sabretooth origin story, which is cool I guess, but the big news is Kieron Gillen is also working on a new Beta Ray Bill one-shot. And we all know that what we need is more Beta Ray!

Detective Comics #852: This issue is part of the "Faces of Evil" thing they are doing at DC right now, and part 1 of a two part Hush vs Catwoman story written by Paul Dini. I consider myself a fan of Paul Dini, especially when he writes Batman, and I have to admit that I was never a big fan Hush. But I do like what Dini has done with Hush so far, he has found a way to make him interesting and more a threat to Batman.

Unfortunately, DC went and screwed up, basically removing Batman from Dini's hands for their stupid "Battle for the Cowl" garbage. I see this whole "Batman R.I.P." story as a cheap imitation of Marvel's killing of Captain America. If you have been paying attention, this is the second time in the last 2 years that DC has played copy-cat to Marvel by using Batman. The previous was the obviously rushed and completely pointless "The Reserrection of Ra's al Ghul" story that went up against "World War Hulk." I predict that the winner of "The Cowl" will not retain it for long, and good old Bruce will return.

No comments: