Tuesday, January 19, 2010

S.W.O.R.D. over in five

Straight from the blog of Kieron Gillen himself, Marvel has officially canceled S.W.O.R.D. after 5 issues. I am, of course, saddened by this news, as I was enjoying the title very much. This news is made worse by the timing, basically cutting off the series before it even has a chance to get going. Perhaps there wasn't enough Wolverine in the series...


It is a shame, as there aren't enough really unique comics like this one out there (at least not at the Big Two) I hope in the future, Marvel can at least bring these characters back for another round, be it mini-series or some other format.

2 comments:

ChargingStar said...

I personally blame Beast for sucking. I miss Beast circa pre-cat Beast. X-Factor Beast was awesome! 90's Beast also very good! Love struck, sad panda, cat-Beast makes me want to cry for what happened to him. Thanks for the awesome issues of S.W.O.R.D. though! Lockheed is just too much awesome for an ongoing series!

Bill said...

I tend to agree about "sad panda cat-Beast", But I liked him in Astonishing X-Men, and the rest of the cast was fantastic!